Monday, June 1, 2009

Oh, what a long week we have had. We stayed in Hiawatha Memorial weekend and I worked a couple shifts. The kids loved seeing Grandma and Papa, and it was great to see Grandma Good also. Ty Ty came down from K.C. to play with the cousins. Another year of decorating graves at the Highland cemetary, the flags are always awesome and it was a beautiful day this year. As always I got a few stories out of F.B. and Carol always has some great history to share. I think in the 8 years we have been married I have only missed one Memorial day at the Highland Cemetary, it is a great tradition.


Our next stop was the Lone Star State (it always amazes me how many Texas flags we see), the Texas Smith's put us up for two nights- thank you! The kids didn't care that the pool was cold so I made Stuart get in with them, plus I was busy holding the baby! Ryder and I also had a couple bonding moments, two great kids!




Stuart's cousin Adam (aka Alabama Jam & One Legged Buzz Saw) came to visit with his s00n-to-be-bride, Lydia. Adam is great entertainment for the kids, he makes the rest of us look boring.

And for some crazy reason Andrew ended up with the hose, so he had a blast spraying the boys. I don't think they thought it was near as funny as he did.

Our next stop was Abilene TX to see the Gardner's. My cousin Aften is married to an Airforce Firefighter and they have a little girl Zoey, she's the baby of all of the Western Kansas cousins. Stuart and I laughed at her the whole time we were there, she has the BIGGEST personality. I especially like her walk with her hands held out and the high heels on, sorry Aften you're going to have your hands full. Beau showed us around the fire house on base, of course the boys loved admiring the sparkling fire trucks. Grandma Suzan would have been pround of the cement, I don't know how they got it to shine like that.

Just as we were leaving I got this next pic, it was really neat.


We got home Friday night and Saturday Stuart and I dug a 16" wide, 16" deep trench around the basement foundation for our drain. It was 92 degrees and a lot of fun.....ha, ha.

This week is VBS at our Church. (By the end of the week I will be ready for another vacation) I am teaching the 2, 3, & 4 year olds and there are 22 of them. I do have 3 highschool girls helping me, but it was definately organized chaos. I think all of the kids had a blast today, tomorrow is supposed to be cold and rainy so we will be stuck inside all day, ugghhh.

Well that's all for now. We are working on the radient floor heat and pouring the basement floor this weekend. More photos to come.....

1 comment:

  1. nanakriss says==sure looks like all had a good time on the trip=i bet andrew would look real cute inhigh heels---love you kriss

    ReplyDelete