Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Basement is finally DONE!

Well it's finally finished. I have to give credit to Stuart for 90% of the work. My 10% contribution was shoveling sand for two hours and I thought I was going to die. The crazy thing was how bad my wrists hurt the next day instead of my back. Stuart finished leveling the floor with sand, laid down the insultarp, cut the wire to fit, and laid out the pex tubing in two days..........my hero! I call him my "little tractor", I think he's starting to like it :)






This is a small town story for everyone. The basement floor was poured in two days. The first half was on Saturday, the second half on Sunday (Father's Day). Can you believe they delivered cement and we had enough help on Father's Day? It had to be done because the house will arrive on Thursday and we're starting construction on Sunday the 28th. The first day it rained on and off all day so that was pretty stressful, but the cement set up fine and everything looks great.



We had a big Father's Day Picnic at the North Park so the boys came in for a feast and had a great time with all of the family.



Starting Saturday we rented out the first floor of the bed & breakfast in town and the building crew will arive. Stuart's Dad and brother are coming, one of his friends from Hiawatha, Stuart, Doug, and I will be the main "barn raisers" but I'm sure my Dad, Jeff, Jerry, Dewey, and Kriss will be stopping by frequently. Oh, I can't forget the supervisor, Grandpa Von. More to come next week!

Tanna

1 comment: